10 January 2022
• Acts with Respect: Appreciates and supports the needs of each other; treat everyone fairly,
honestly, courteously, and without bias.
• Resident Focused: The needs of the residents are anticipated and their best interests are
• Work Together: Support each other, communicate effectively and work cooperatively
• Build Community: Develop partnerships with the neighbourhood to create an enriched
community for all.
• Lead the Way: Be brave, be creative, take initiative, share your knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, the Registered Nurse evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including the administration of medications, assessment of residents’ physical, psychological and social health within the appropriate scope of practice. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of Care Aides in the provision of personal care and support for the LPN’s with clinical guidance and standards of practice. Responsible for providing relief coverage for the DOC and managing the direct supervision of Nurses, Care Aides & Housekeepers.
Shifts: 4 on 2 off; 2 Days (6:00 am - 2:00 pm), 2 Evenings (2:00pm - 10:00 pm), 2 off (0.94 FTE)
Wage: $36.23 - $47.58 (for the duration of Single Site Top Up) with benefits.
Signing Bonus: $1500.00 signing bonus once you are hired and have successfully passed the probation period.
1. Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and documented procedures as per provincial regulations, standards of practice and facility policies and procedures
2. Provides support to LPN’s on clinical decision making
3. Maintains residents’ records to the required standards
4. Uses good body mechanics and the proper techniques, lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort
5. In conjunction with the infection control program, maintains protection against cross infection by using appropriate personal protective equipment and aseptic techniques
6. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to Bria policies and procedures
7. Reviews all care plans and evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and treatments, and informs the Director of Care and/or residents’ physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident. Ensures Oral health and nutrition care plans are in place and
8. Liaises with Residents’ families; updating them with any changes in health status, medication changes, or personal care needs.
9. Observes and charts changes in behavior and reactions to treatment and medication
10. Ensures the appropriate clinical assessment of residents is complete and followed up upon in terms of a care plan or planned intervention. Assessments include, but are not limited to Braden Scale; MMSE; Morse Fall Risk; basic vital signs; neuro vital signs; GDS: medication reviews; Care Conferencing processes.
11. Assists with the orientation and evaluation of the performance of the LPN’s, RCA’s and Housekeeping staff in collaboration with the DOC
12. Responds to all resident and facility emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the DOC or GM and accurately documents.
13. Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained
14. Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
15. Assists with the training and education of the LPN’s, RCA’s and housekeeping staff in collaboration with the DOC
16. Assists with the Fraser Health licensing expectations in preparation for Audits and performing scheduled resident, LPN, RCA and housekeeping audits.
• Currently registered in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
• Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in long term care is preferred
• Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in long term care environment
• Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the work environment
• Must have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrate teamwork and collaboration
• Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
• Must be able to take a leadership role and provide positive support to staff and volunteers to encourage and stimulate resident social and health plans
• Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
• Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Seniors’ residences that offer a friendly, community-oriented living experience.