Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development company with a mission of Leading by Design to create places that increase the sum of human happiness by connecting people to transit, to growing food, and each other through a strong sense of community. For more than 60 years, Century Group has built a portfolio of operating real estate assets and land, residential rental suites, four independent seniors residences, hotels and restaurants, and over 300 commercial units in various retail centres. Be part of Century Group where our people are engaged in our core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
Reporting to the Director, Payroll Services, this position is responsible for processing payroll, fulfilling the reporting requirements of other departments and external parties, record keeping and the maintenance of the benefits administration and handling all payroll duties. This role is also responsible for providing service to internal and external stakeholders.
- As part of the payroll team, the Payroll and Benefits Partner will:
- Enter all information into systems to ensure payroll and benefits is completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements
- Maintain proper documentation to back up all payroll system entries for audit and record keeping purposes
- Respond to all stakeholder inquiries regarding payroll & benefits
- Assist Director, Payroll Services with completion of all year-end/new year requirement
- Prepare and post all payroll journal entries including accruals
- Reconcile all payroll liability accounts
- Maintain proper documentation to back all accounting entries for audit and record keeping purposes
- Prepare and submit reporting to third parties including unions, Service Canada, WorkSafeBC and CRA
- Maintain proper documentation to back up all payroll reporting work for audit and record keeping purposes
- Process Union payments and reports
- Provide backup and support for other team members
Education & Experience
- Minimum three years’ full-cycle Canadian Payroll and Benefits experience
- PCP certification is required
- Ceridian Dayforce experience is required
- Additional education in Accounting, Human Resources, Benefits or other related fields considered an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Strong analytical skills, ability to detect errors and take corrective actions as required
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet department and individual deadlines
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to set and adjust priorities frequently and accept numerous interruptions.
Competitive pay, Extended Health & Dental, Group Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, AD&D, Pension Plan, RRSP, Training & Career Development.