04 January 2022
• Acts with Respect: Appreciates and supports the needs of each other; treat everyone fairly,
honestly, courteously, and without bias.
• Resident Focused: The needs of the residents are anticipated and their best interests are
• Work Together: Support each other, communicate effectively and work cooperatively
• Build Community: Develop partnerships with the neighbourhood to create an enriched
community for all.
• Lead the Way: Be brave, be creative, take initiative, share your knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of activity programs that meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs and interests of residents in accordance with established goals and policies.
Shift: 35 hours per week
1. Organizes and directs indoor and outdoor daily activity programs including exercise classes, entertainment, crafts and related activities which encourage involvement and independence
2. Assists in setting the objectives and standards required measuring the success of the programs and ensures the required standards are met
3. Assists in the development and production of the monthly calendars and other informational material for the residents
4. Adheres to management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock and inventory control
5. Promotes resident participation in social, spiritual and recreational activities. Encourage the participation of resident families and the community
6. Directs and supervises volunteers as required
7. Drives the bus for community outings, ensuring a pre and post inspection is made prior to using the vehicle
8. Observes and reports any changes in residents' functional and cognitive behavior to the Recreation Manager
9. Ensures residents' rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained except in the proper operation of the business
10. Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
11. Attends approved work-related conferences and seminars to promote and maintain professional development
12. Ensures that departmental operations comply with all Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
13. Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with policies and procedures.
• Diploma in a recreation program or equivalent qualifications in the Continuing Care field
• Current basic First Aid Certificate
• Computer skills with Google Docs and Google Sheets
• Class 4 Drivers License is mandatory
• Minimum one (1) year in a recreational setting
• Minimum one (1) year experience driving a bus is an asset
• Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
• Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
• Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operations and assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the activity programs
• Must have the ability to teach residents in appropriate activities
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with others in the workplace
• Must have the ability to be creative and to stimulate interest and participation of residents in the activity programs
• Must have the ability to carry out significant amounts of physical movement such as lifting, bending, stooping and stretching
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.
Seniors’ residences that offer a friendly, community-oriented living experience.