13 June 2022
Dominion Bar + Kitchen is the centre point of Surrey City Centre — an inspired downtown experience with local comfort. Our innovative menus are centred around New Canadian entrées, appetizers, and classic favourites, with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. Paired with an exciting list of signature cocktails, amazing BC wines and craft beer, Dominion Bar + Kitchen sets the scene in Surrey City Centre. A stand-alone restaurant, Dominion also provides food and beverage services for Civic Hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager, and working with the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the restaurant, executing flawless dining experiences for our guests. As you supervise the daily restaurant operations, you will consistently ensure that all team members deliver professional, friendly and engaging service. Supporting and assisting the General Manager to create a unique working environment.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and support the high standards of quality represented in our food and beverage programs
- Coordinate and conduct pre-shift meetings and maintain daily communication for food, wine and beverage details as they relate to service
- Develop and maintain staff’s product knowledge through ongoing training
- Promote a positive work environment and culture where staff development and good work are recognized
Education & Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of recent brand restaurant experience at the management level or equivalent
- Serving it Right or Pro Serv Certified
- Culinary experience, knowledge of craft beers, wines and cocktails
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Record of maintaining high standards in food quality, guest satisfaction, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation
- Passion for the food, beverage and the restaurant industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the capacity to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals
- Experience with GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Gmail etc)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
A design-forward social hub offering a menu of New Canadian cuisine.