The Waterford, in Tsawwassen, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the Lead Maintenance, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for daily regular maintenance and ongoing preventative maintenance of all areas of the interior and exterior of our residents' home as directed by the Lead Maintenance Technician. You will ensure a high level of Residents’ comfort in their personal and communal living environments by maintaining an efficient building and responding to their requests. The technician may also be deployed from time to time to other properties as operations and skills permit.
- Performs minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing work or repairs; repairs include furniture, light fixtures, faucets, trim kits and electrical appliances, and equipment in common areas and suites.
- Conducts regular visual checks of fire safety & HVAC systems, documents, and takes corrective action as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining the electronic building access controls/lock systems and resident life safety equipment and acts as liaison, as necessary, with Information Systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance inspections as identified by service or industry standards on common property and equipment.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with residents to respond to their requests.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly appearance of the exterior grounds and parking areas, including, litter pick up and ice/snow removal.
- Maintains water features to ensure proper function and appearance as required.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests, as needed.
- Provides technical support to other properties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Minimum Grade 12 education, plus two (2) years' recent related experience with preference property and/or hospitality industry maintenance and those with Direct Digital Control systems experience. Some technical training in and knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical, building repairs, carpentry, heating and ventilation systems, WHMIS and fire and safety systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to safely, effectively and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally, and in writing
- Ability to problem solve and prepare reports as necessary.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and multitask between projects
- Ability to build rapport with residents and staff.
- Physical and mental ability to perform the duties of the position.
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-ShotBria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.