Sunridge Gardens, in Langley, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the Manager, Culinary Services/Executive Chef, or designate, the Cook is responsible for the daily preparation and cooking of meals and nourishments from a menu and recipes set by the Chef.
Shift: 6:30am - 3:00pm and 10:30am - 7:00pm
- Responsible for the production of menu items including preparation, production and presentation of menu items and will maintain a high standard of food quality and service
- Operates cooking equipment in a safe and proper manner. Checks equipment and cooking area after use to ensure safety requirements are maintained. Ensures all dietary equipment is maintained in a proper working order
- Ensures safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assists in maintaining quality assurance standards that comply with all Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
- In the absence of the Manager, Culinary Services/Executive Chef, takes responsibility for the production of the department
- Maintains a current knowledge of company policies and procedures and complies with the policies and procedures
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents and the public
- Ensure residents' rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business
- Perform other related duties as required
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Must possess a diploma from a recognized cooking school
- Preferred experience in a recognized establishment
- Food Safe Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate is a definite asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operations, and supervise subordinates when acting as lead hand
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently, operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.