15 September 2022
• Acts with Respect: Appreciates and supports the needs of each other; treat everyone fairly,
honestly, courteously, and without bias.
• Resident Focused: The needs of the residents are anticipated and their best interests are
• Work Together: Support each other, communicate effectively and work cooperatively
• Build Community: Develop partnerships with the neighbourhood to create an enriched
community for all.
• Lead the Way: Be brave, be creative, take initiative, share your knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, the LPN evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including the administration of medications and assessment of resident’s physical, psychological and social health within the appropriate scope of practice. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of Care Aides in the provision of personal care.
1. Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and documented procedures as per provincial regulations, standards of practice and facility policies and procedures
2. Maintains residents’ records to the required standards
3. Uses good body mechanics and the proper techniques, lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort
4. In conjunction with the infection control program, maintains protection against cross infection by using appropriate personal protective equipment and aseptic techniques
5. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to Bria policies and procedures
6. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care plans and treatments and informs the Director of Care and/or residents’ physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident
7. Observes and charts changes in behavior and reactions to treatment and medication
8. Checks and records vital signs such as but not limited to blood pressure, pulse, temperature and weight
9. Assists with the orientation and evaluation of the performance of the care staff
10. Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained
11. Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
• Currently registered in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Graduation from an accredited Registered or Practical Nurse Program
• Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in long term care is preferred
• Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment
• Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
• Must be able to take a leadership role and provide positive support to staff and volunteers to encourage and stimulate resident social and health plans
• Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
• Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.
Seniors’ residences that offer a friendly, community-oriented living experience.