The Waterford, in Tsawwassen, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the Manager, Culinary Services/Executive Chef, or designate, the Dishwasher is responsible to maintain a safe, sanitary workplace while performing dishwashing and general kitchen cleaning duties.
Shift: 4 On, 4 Off (10:45 AM - 7:15 PM)
Wage: $18.17 to start, after 465 hours the rate will increase to $18.77 with an increase to follow at 2925 hours
- Wash dishes, pots and pans, cutlery and utensils. Stack and rack dishes; ; return inventory items to the proper storage areas
- Carry out all aspects of routine and rotational cleaning throughout the kitchen including but not limited to the following: sweeping, washing, polishing and scrubbing of various surfaces. For example, cleaning appliances and food storage areas, washing floors, walls, fixtures and doors, cleaning and polishing stainless steel counters
- Understand the use of and application of cleaning chemicals
- Participate in the preparation of specific food items and clean up the work area. Assist the cooks on line, as needed. Report defective/damaged equipment to the Chef
- Ensure the proper preparation, delivery and storage of food to ensure the safety of residents, guests and the public
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with policies and procedures
- Promote and maintain positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents and the public
- Perform other related duties as required
Education & Experience
- Minimum grade 10 education
- Completion of Food Safe Certificate/WHMIS
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the efficient and safe operation of relevant kitchen equipment
- Mentally and physically able to carry out assigned duties as required
- Ability to communicate in English effectively
- Resourceful, creative and adaptive in dealing with individual residents and families
- An ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- An ability to work with minimum supervision.
Competitive Extended Medical & Dental Benefits
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-ShotBria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.