The Waterford, in Tsawwassen, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the Director of Care or designate, the Server is responsible for all aspects of services in the dining room, resident lounges and tray delivery and pick-up for the residents and guests.
Shifts: 7 am-1:30 pm & 2 pm-8:30 pm
Wage: $20.56/hour for the duration of single site wage levelling
The Server’s key role is to provide a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for our residents, providing exemplary customer service in the dining room and lounges. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service through table/tray presentation, delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites (as required), preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments. Other responsibilities include:
- Carrying out general cleaning duties and routines, including setting and cleaning of tables together with the bases and covers
- Cleaning and keeping tidy preparation and service areas, and carts and equipment
- Dishwashing duties as required
- Cleaning of all appliances such as coffee machines, refrigerator and ice machine
- Carrying out general cleaning of spills and food, sweeping & cleaning after each meal on carpet/flooring in the dining and lounge areas as required
- Provide tableside meal service; with an understanding of meal textures
Education & Experience
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year serving experience and preferably in a residential care setting environment
- Food Safe Certificate is required
- First Aid / CPR Certificate
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties
- Must be organized and have the ability to work in a busy environment
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
- Must demonstrate empathy and understanding of our seniors, must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness & ability to work under strict time constraints
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, organize the departmental operations. , Must be able to speak and understand English competently
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-ShotBria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.