The Waterford, in Tsawwassen, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the General Manager, or delegate, the Housekeeper performs general cleaning and sanitation duties to the required standard of Bria Communities. This includes the cleaning of residents' rooms, common property, utility rooms, bathing rooms, guest suite, dining rooms, staff rooms, offices and other areas as assigned.
Wage: $18.77 to start, after 465 hours the rate will increase to $19.37 with an increase to follow at 2925 hours.
- Cleans, disinfects, vacuums, residents' rooms, common areas, and any other areas as assigned on a scheduled basis.
- Vacuums carpet and cleans interior windows in resident suites and common areas as assigned.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, washes floors, makes beds, takes linens to laundry.
- Prepares cleaning solutions and utilizes cleaning supplies in accordance with established procedures and safe practices.
- Checks and restocks laundry supplies as required.
- Ensures laundry equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Lead maintenance/GM.
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene practices/procedures are adhered to and assists in maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Delivers laundered linens to the residents’ rooms.
- Maintains a current knowledge of and complies with Bria policies and procedures.
- Complies with all WHMIS requirements.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting is preferred .
- Knowledge about the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Must be able to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be capable of safely and efficiently operating all equipment associated with the duties required for the position.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, visitors and volunteers in the workplace.
Team Building Events throughout the year
Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
Free Onsite annual Flu-ShotBria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.