Century Group is a family-owned, real estate development and property management company with a mission to curate places people love. Century Group's people are committed to building sustainable, thriving communities with diverse neighbourhoods. For 65 years, Century Group has built a portfolio of operating real estate assets and land, residential rental properties, seniors residences, hotels and restaurants, as well as commercial retail spaces with an emphasis on a mixed-use approach.
What can we offer you?
Century Group offers our team members a variety of benefits, including competitive salaries, health benefits which includes a healthcare spending account, maternity leave top-up program, matching pension plan (DCPP), and the ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities! As a part of Century Group, career growth opportunities are available across a diverse group of companies. Apply now to discover your next career move!
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate Finance and working with other key members of the corporation, this position will be integral to the growth and success of the company. Using your financial modeling and communication skills, you will be providing a key input to our senior executive team’s decision making process.
- Creating and analyzing proformas, budgets and cash flows.
- Updating and maintaining proformas for projects through their cycle.
- Modeling scenario and sensitivity analysis to assist in key business decisions.
- Reviewing drawings, schedules, and market metrics, and properly incorporating these inputs into various proformas and analysis.
- Interface regularly with the accounting and development teams to ensure budgets and proformas are aligned.
- Providing due diligence assistance when potential acquisitions arise.
- Working with appraisers and other external consultants for required reports etc.
- Developing and maintaining various financial, management and investor relations reports.
- Working on and developing corporate databases and dashboards.
- Assisting with placement and administration of loans and equity partnerships.
- Researching and monitoring developments in real estate and financial markets.
- Providing financial analysis and related support to operational units.
- Completing research projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Participating in various Finance Department initiatives and special projects.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the real estate industry.
- University degree with a major in business, or equivalent experience.
- Holding a CPA, CFA, or another relevant professional designation is an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exceptional analytical abilities, and keen to figure out and provide solutions on complex quantitative problems.
- Able to communicate effectively and build trust with various stakeholders, particularly with the accounting and development teams.
- Able to adapt quickly and provide positive value as the business evolves and priorities shift.
- Effectively prioritize the most important tasks, and competently handle multiple tasks at once.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and a high level of skepticism. When necessary, sweat the small stuff.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets is essential.