Dominion Bar + Kitchen is Surrey City Centre's social hub — an inspired downtown experience with local comfort. Our innovative menus center on New Canadian entrées, appetizers, and classic favourites, focusing on locally sourced ingredients. Paired with an exciting list of signature cocktails, outstanding BC wines and craft beer, Dominion Bar + Kitchen sets the scene in Surrey. Located in the lobby of Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, with views over Civic Plaza, Dominion is a perfect destination for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Why Join Our Team?
- Dominion offers our team members a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity for health and dental benefits
- Flexible schedule - balance your schedule with your life!
- Staff discounts - including meals and Civic Hotel stays
- Team events
- Inclusive and diverse team
- Next to the Surrey Central Skytrain Station
- The ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities!
As a part of Century Group Lands Corporation, career opportunities are available within other areas of hospitality and expand across a diverse group of companies and corporate divisions. Apply now to discover your next career move!
This role of Bartender reports to the Assistant General Manager.
- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties within the bar, lounge or patio areas, ensuring everything in place and par stock is maintained for all service related items
- The preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages using standardized drink recipes and presentation standards
- Seating guests, taking/placing orders, preparing specialty items, serving food and beverages, clearing, cleaning and resetting designated areas
- Placing orders through designated POS systems, reviewing final checks and securing payment
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanor while providing exemplary guest service
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to appropriate food, liquor, workplace service, operational and safety standards
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM
Education & Experience
- Have experience in a similar environment including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast paced high-volume establishment
- Have valid Serving it Right and Foodsafe Level 1 certificates. Certificates in mixology would be considered an asset
- Have a good understanding of beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages, common drink recipes, basic food & beverage pairings or accompaniments, different cuisines and food preparation methods
- Be able to upsell through detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all guest inquiries including food and beverage suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Accurately operate POS terminals, debit payment systems, Open Table and other computerized or electronic systems
- Have the ability to handle inventory management, financial transactions, float management and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent grooming standards and remain professional at all times
- Must be pleasant, have an outgoing personality and able to communicate and work with a diverse group of individuals and guests
- Well organized and efficient, able to multitask
- Team player and works productively with others
- Have an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of a 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Have solid problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication and sales skills
- Have detailed knowledge of the Surrey area, services and local attractions
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and stoop repeatedly
- Be able to frequently lift and carry up to 44 pounds