Browns is an organization where we value the local community and are constantly seeking ways to connect to them. Our goal is to create a warm, welcoming, and social environment for the locals in our neighbourhood to come in and socialize with their friends.
At Browns, we value integrity, teamwork, professionalism, an entrepreneurial spirit, and individual worth.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Server is responsible for taking initiative and delivering a wide range of services to ensure that guests enjoy their meal. It is not just about putting food on the table that guests will enjoy until they ask for their bill. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique – with food and drinks on the side.
- Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Assist in the training and development of new employees when required.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly.
- Collect payments from guests in a timely manner.
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server stations, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathrooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM.
Required Education & Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous serving experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Well groomed, smiles readily, good eye contact, friendly and polite, creates a great first impression.
- Able to communicate well with a wide variety of people, adapts tone, builds rapport.
- Outgoing and confident, comfortable promoting items and services
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player and works productively with others.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Strong customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.