Magnolia Gardens, in Langley, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Night Laundry/Receptionist is responsible for performing housekeeping duties (mainly laundry), ensuring the safety and well being of the residents is maintained during any issue or emergency situation and administrative/secretarial duties as needed.
Wage: $19.52 to start, after 465 hours the rate will increase to $20.15 with an increase to follow at 18 months
- Assist with dining room/laundry tasks.
- Completes security check of the building between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am
- Report any concerns regarding the health or well-being of the resident and maintenance.
- Greets and directs visitors and handles daily tenant requests and inquiries.
- Perform various typing/computer and filing duties, including responding to emails, preparing correspondence, admission forms, resident records and personal documents.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Receives or directs all deliveries or returns.
- Maintains communication log daily, with information that is relevant to the operation of the business and the activities of the residents.
- Coordinates move in and out activities including elevator lock off and key distribution. Assists with familiarizing new residents with the building, food service and activities. Manage key controls.
- Assists in the maintenance of the following records: resident lists and information/resident service accounts
- Responsible for maintaining various accounts for guest and staff meals.
- Scans, matches and processes invoices for review and payment.
- Maintains office supplies by implementing the management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, and inventory control.
- In coordination with the Recreation team, ensure that events such as movies, cards etc are organized and equipment available and set up for residents before the event begins.
- Coordinates morning resident safety check, tray service requests, maintenance and housekeeping work orders, tuck shop purchases, key distribution and other related activities.
- Types and distribute minutes of management and staff committee meetings, such as Occupational Health and Safety and staff meetings, as requested.
- Familiarity with fire and emergency procedures and ability to act as the Fire Warden when situations dictate. Respond to health, fire, resident, maintenance or other emergencies in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Complete Incident reports and manage resident interactions with grace, tact and confidentiality.
- Ensures common areas on the main floor are neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure office equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner.
- Report any unsafe or faulty equipment to the general manager.
- Ensure resident rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained, except in the proper operation of the business.
- Maintain a current knowledge of and comply with all community policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 and Receptionist or Administrative Assistant training from a recognized business program/school required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent office experience, preferably in a receptionist role and in a seniors environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency using Google apps such as Google Docs, Sheets. Basic accounting skills
- Current Level One First Aid required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, family members, volunteers and visitors.
- Must demonstrate a pleasant courteous manner when on the telephone or answering inquiries.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees.
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the daily workload in an effective and efficient manner. Must be resourceful, creative and adaptive in dealing with individual resident families and others, as well as show empathy for and understand the needs of our residents.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.