A 2023 BC Top 100 Employer, Century Group is a family-owned, real estate development and property management company with a mission to curate places people love. Century Group's people are committed to building sustainable, thriving communities with diverse neighbourhoods. For 65 years, Century Group has built a portfolio of operating real estate assets and land, residential rental properties, seniors residences, hotels and restaurants, as well as commercial retail spaces with an emphasis on a mixed-use approach.
What can we offer you?
Century Group offers our team members a variety of benefits, including competitive salaries, health benefits which includes a healthcare spending account, maternity leave top-up program, matching pension plan (DCPP), and the ability to advance your career through training and development opportunities! As a part of Century Group, career growth opportunities are available across a diverse group of companies. Apply now to discover your next career move!
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, Residential Properties, the Property Manager’s primary responsibility is for the satisfactory day to day assistance in managing the residential portfolio, including all administrative work. In this role you will be responsible for the management and administration of assigned residential rental properties. You will proactively approach the day to day activities of your properties, as well as in determining, establishing and implementing effective operating procedures.
- All administrative duties required for the residential portfolio
- Ensure all Property Management policies, procedures and operations are executed to standard
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional working relationship with employees, tenants, visitors, and contractors
- Oversee and supervise the completion of job tasks and duties by the Resident Manager and Property Administrators
- Provide input and recommendations to the Senior Operations Manager, Residential Properties in respect to employee performance.
- Conduct tenant relations with the intent of achieving and maintaining a high level of tenant satisfaction
- Strive for as close as possible to 100% occupancy, including ensuring that suites are rent-ready on the first day of the month
- Conduct weekly property/building inspections, preliminary inspections, create General Contractor sheets for turn over units.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected on a timely basis
- Follow-up on outstanding rents by calling/tracking down tenants. Deal with arrears and past tenant accounts sent to Credit Bureau, File for RTB, and attend Arbitration Hearings Provide feedback to Senior Operations Manager, Residential Properties on building issues, tenant feedback, and leasing
- Ensure that proper fire and life safety procedures are enforced at all times (i.e. coordinate fire drills, smoke detector tests, evacuation plan tests) via collaboration with the Safety Coordinator
- Stay highly organized to ensure required paperwork and forms are completed accurately and on-time, and formatted according to company standards
- Prepare a wide variety of documents based on information received from multiple sources. This includes thorough proofreading and may include making editorial suggestions
- Assist with annual budget preparations
- Maintain up to date staff manuals for policies and procedures
- Enter all pertinent information into our software program (Yardi)
- Follow company guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in residential property/asset management.
- Two (2) or more years of direct leadership experience in a property management role
- Three (3) or more years of customer service/tenant relations experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience producing budgets and strategizing cost effectiveness.
- Yardi experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) is required
- Valid Driver's Licence and a vehicle are required as some sit visits will be needed
- Google Workspace experience (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail etc.) is an asset
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new softwares and programs quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
- A keen eye for detail is required
- Excellent Customer Service with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain integrity in relationships with co-workers and external customers